Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: 350 Questions
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:39 am 

I own a 350 in Jetglo that was made in 1984. It has twenty four frets and the pickup spacing seems to ne identical to the 325. I've noticed that many of the new 350s have the pickups spread wider apart.

I was told by RIC that in 1984 they produced the 350 Liverpool, but I notice that the guitars being made today called the 350 Liverpool and the 350v63 have 21 frets and the pickups are spaced further apart.

When did they change the spacing of the pickups? I've seen a 1988 with the same spacing so I know they made them this way for at least four years.

Does anyone have any information about the different 350s that are out there and what the different names imply and when they made the guitars with the different names?

Post subject: Re: 350 Questions
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:51 pm 

The early 350 had 24 frets, hence longer fret board which pushed the pickups together. In 1990 when they made the 355 John Lennon signature model they chose a vintage 21 fret design. After that run, the 350v63 continued with the same specs as the 355 design.

Now the real question. Why call it a 355? The last 5 usually indicates a vibrato…..

Board index » Just Guitars