Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: 350/12
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:01 am 

I play a Rickenbacker 620/12 as my "weapon of choice" gigging instument.

I would love to own & play a Rickenbacker 350/12 too but my funds are limited.

Mr. Hall, as we are all aware, your company presented George Harrison with a wonderful 360/12 many years ago and introduced the world to THAT wonderful sound of the Rickenbacker 12string.

I was wondering, if I promise to be good and use the 350/12 on all my gigs, is there the slightest chance that you could send me a free sample of this wonderful instrument???

Thank you......Brian ;)

Post subject: Re: 350/12
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:49 am 

OneManBand ---- if you scour the various Forums and sites with used instruments for sale, it is possible, to eventually find a 350-12er out there for sale. If you are patient. I've come across a few of them in my years of collecting Rics.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:37 pm 

Yeah, here's a REAL bargain that appeared recently on ebay.......right up my street!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291539821537

Not sure if I'd buy a guitar from abroad though, without the opportunity to try or inspect it; plus there's the issue of delivery and all the hazards of damage etc.

As you say I'll just patiently wait for one here in the UK (unless Mr Hall responds favourably to my suggestion) :D .

Post Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:19 am 

Have you thought about moving to a 660/12? To me, there is no better Ric 12 string. It has the wide neck (worth the price of admission alone), the 12 saddles for better intonation control, the sturdier tailpiece, checkerboard binding, and vintage toasters. Oh yeah, you'd have much better luck finding one right away.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:39 pm 

Ram4 wrote:
Have you thought about moving to a 660/12? To me, there is no better Ric 12 string. It has the wide neck (worth the price of admission alone), the 12 saddles for better intonation control, the sturdier tailpiece, checkerboard binding, and vintage toasters. Oh yeah, you'd have much better luck finding one right away.

The narrower neck is not an issue for me and I have swapped out the "R" tailpiece for the trapeze style that makes replacing broken strings in situ/on a gig SO much easier.
I've got the intonation almost as good as perfect even with the six saddle bridge and the controls have been replaced with vintage style knobs (just look better, I think).
I am more than happy with my 620/12 and it's a GREAT gigging instrument but I just LOVE the shape and size of the 350/12 plus, having tried a six string version, the chambered body has a distinct sound of it's own....... if one came along at the right price.......how could I resist!! :D

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:09 pm 

SO................... my patience has finally paid off. I have found a beautiful 350-12V63 in "Amberglow" at the right price so I "pulled the Trigger"!

As I play a 620/12 as my gigging instrument, I really fancied a 350/12 for it's alternative body style and inherent tonal differences, so.......could anyone please provide a link or info to a video or pictures of the 350 body chambering as this is the main reason I bought it.
Having played a 350-6string, the whole feel and timbre of these models is absolutely superb. I am just unsure of the routing or chambering of the 350 body and any help would be greatly appreciated

Should get this baby by Wednesday...........can't wait.......I just hope it's not the start of some kind of Rickenbacker appreciation GAS issue!!

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:58 pm 

Amber Fireglo is an amazing color. Pics do not do it justice. Congrats!

Board index » Just Guitars