Board index » Just Basses

Post subject: Help needed !
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:31 pm 

Hi everyone, this is my 1st post here and i'm a bit desperate!
I own a '03 Rickenbacker 4003 Bass (serial# 0313171), last December while doing some maintenance on the bass my guitar tech eventually broke one of the truss rods. My first thought was that it was no big deal because you can replace them quite easily, so I went to my local Rick dealer in Paris (France) to order a replacement, so they ordered the full truss rod assembly from the French Rick Importer/distributor for me. But it seems these things are very hard to come by in Europe because it's been 5 months now and still no truss rods! I kept calling my local dealer for some update on my order but apparently 4003 truss rod assemblies are out of stock at the distributor. I even called the distributor and the guys there said they indeed have my order, but told me they were waiting for the Rick factory to send the truss rods over to France...
So my question is: is there a sure and quick way to obtain the parts, order directly from Rick (but 4003 truss rods have long been out of stock on the Rick boutique, plus I don't think they ship over to France) or else ?
FYI, i'm a professional bassist, i do need my Rick, and i can't stand leaving it like this because over time i'm guessing that it can't do any good to the neck. Please help!!!

Post subject: Re: Help needed !
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not sure what to tell you. The truss rods are indeed in stock, as the boutique indicates but the French distributor does not have any parts orders outstanding. I think you might want to call your contact at the distributor again and mention this. They have shipments coming all the time and parts would normally go with the next shipment.

Post subject: Re: Help needed !
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:33 am 

Thanks for your response.
Yes, I saw they were back in stock just after posting my message. Sorry for that.
I just sent a mail to the distributor stating what you just wrote...
But now that they're back in stock, it would be faster if i could order them directly from you ! Is this really not possible ?

Board index » Just Basses