Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: Re: Ric Availability
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:28 am 

John, if you were serious that I had anything at all to do with the decision to cease production of these, then tell me what I need to do to correct that and I will.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:38 am 

The guitars are out there for those who want them, regarding 350V63's I have bought two beauties in the last two months, one in Mapleglo the other in Montezuma Brown, both rare finishes for this model and I live in Australia far away from the USA!

Regular and thorough perusal of guitar shops via the internet pays off. If things in the USA are getting a little sparse try Japan or Europe, I have my eye on a Blueboy 620 in a shop in Tokyo at the moment, problem is that I think it is actually Turquoise and they have the colour wrong, waiting on better pics to find out...

Here is a link to a Jetglo 350V63 for sale in the USA:

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDe ... tem=840130

The hardest part about buying these guitars so far is waiting for them to arrive!

Cheers, Kez

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:53 am 

Quote:
Oh, I think there's demand- I personally prefer a five-stringer too- but the production line is completely full for four-stringers right now already and there's other enhancements in the works for both basses and guitars that can be enjoyed by a wider spectrum of players.
Mr. HAll, this cat is curious, What Other enhancements. You wouldnt want to tell us would you?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:56 am 

Quote:
Have you tried Sam Ash on 48th St? I haven't been there for a couple of months, but they usually have a few RICs in stock.

Rudy's and Manny's are both RIC dealers too.

A few things:

1. Thanks to all for your input.

2. Went to all three places the other day. Rudy's had another 300 series and a 600 series in stock, but no 350 or 325s. Sam Ash and Manny's only had used stuff.

3. I ordered a 350V63 Jetglo from Musicians Friend. They say they expect it in by the end of this year and that they are getting in more stock than what is backordered. I'll let you know if this turns out to be the case.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:27 pm 

Quote:
Sam Ash (etc)Rudy's and Manny's are both RIC dealers too.
2. Went to all three places the other day. Rudy's had another 300 series and a 600 series in stock, but no 350 or 325s. Sam Ash and Manny's only had used stuff.
Mar,

Just fyi, I work in the theater district (Times Square) and frequent all these places on my breaks, and of the three, Rudy's has by far had the most diverse Ric stock *for sale* in shop. Most of the other shops have all of the really popular models some of the time (360/12, 330), but (anectdotally), if you wanna try a 6 or 12 string solid body, Rudy's seems to be the place to check out. Even if they dinna have what you were looking for last time you were there. Also, Pickofthericks.com in Berlin, NJ (short drive if you're saddled..err "own" a car in NYC) seems to be a cherry place to check out/buy a Ric (I'm still crying about letting a 330 Blueboy they had that I let slip out of my hands).

Best, Tony

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:43 am 

Well I suppose there is an demand for anything Rickenbacker, As you said Mr. Hall. there is a wide spectrum of players out there. If you make it they will come. So my response was short sighted. I assumed the demand was not there, as much as say my own personal feelings and desire for my 360-12C63 that I have on order. Well, I know what happens when I assume something....

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:18 am 

Quote:
How does Rickenbacker expect to sell its guitars if they're not available to try out?
If they're not available to try out, that means they're selling as fast as they come in. So, with that in mind, I'd say that they expect them to sell very well indeed.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:00 am 

Just wanted to let you all know that I got my 350V63 Jetglo today. It was delivered by Musicians Friend 2 weeks earlier than expected! Sound great. Thanks again for your help.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:12 am 

Quote:
Just wanted to let you all know that I got my 350V63 Jetglo today. It was delivered by Musicians Friend 2 weeks earlier than expected!

Yes, it's the holiday season...every time a Rickenbacker rings, an angel gets his wings.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:21 pm 

Quote:
Just wanted to let you all know that I got my 350V63 Jetglo today.

Join the club, but be aware they are highly addictive and too much fun too play, soon you will need another one.

350V63...

Don't leave home without it!

Cheers, Kez

Board index » Just Guitars