Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: Ric Availability
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:34 am 

Looking to try out a 325c64 or 350v63 with intention to buy. Has anyone seen these in stock anywhere in the New York City area recently? How does Rickenbacker expect to sell its guitars if they're not available to try out?

Mario

Post subject: Re: Ric Availability
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:30 am 

The 350v63 has recently shipped to a shop in Irvine, CA. Otherwise, neither of these models has recently shipped to anywhere. (See status of shipments under "Models" in website's toolbar.) Yes, it can be frustrating and is a topic that's been much discussed in these forum pages.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:04 am 

Quote:
Looking to try out a 325c64 or 350v63 with intention to buy. Has anyone seen these in stock anywhere in the New York City area recently? How does Rickenbacker expect to sell its guitars if they're not available to try out?

Mario
You have some instrument manufacturers that put out hundreds or thousands of instruments a month and flood the market with shoddily made products. They are made all over the world and quality control is almost non-existant.
RIC, on the other hand, puts time and effort into each instrument that they produce. They only produce in their ONE plant in Santa Ana, CA. and when you get one of their guitars or basses, you know there has been much time and effort put into its manufacturing and everything has been checked to insure that it works properly. They also sell about as fast as they can be made.....THATS why they aren't available everywhere.
If you are looking to buy new, try M.F. They probably have what you want........or POTR. This (Rickenbacker) is one of the very few guitars that I would be comfortable buying without trying it out first.

Good Luck with your search.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:49 pm 

At least in NYC you should be able to find SOME Rics to check out, even if not the exact model you're interested in. I've purchased many new Rics over the years, but never off a stock rack in a store. I special ordered every one. That's one reason why I'm so disappointed about this latest order which was cancelled by Rickenbacker after two years of waiting with no expressed plans to begin producing the models again.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:39 pm 

Have you tried Sam Ash on 48th St? I haven't been there for a couple of months, but they usually have a few RICs in stock.

Rudy's and Manny's are both RIC dealers too.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
. . . with no expressed plans to begin producing the models again.
You might consider that you were a minor contributor to that circumstance. My priorities are adjusted to what people are likely to appreciate, and certainly not to the convenience of detractors. But more importantly, the priority is to deliver what the majority of the people want and that instrument simply doesn't have the force of any majority.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:19 am 

Quote:
Quote:
. . . with no expressed plans to begin producing the models again.
You might consider that you were a minor contributor to that circumstance.

This is news to me. Care to elaborate?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:46 am 

Simple enough, No demand, no supply!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:10 am 

Quote:
Simple enough, No demand, no supply!

Not true. There would be plenty of demand for these if they were being made. Probably more than many other Ric models that are currently being made. I love my 4 string, but with the music I play, the 4 string is not sufficient.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh, I think there's demand- I personally prefer a five-stringer too- but the production line is completely full for four-stringers right now already and there's other enhancements in the works for both basses and guitars that can be enjoyed by a wider spectrum of players.

Board index » Just Guitars