Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: Newbie
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:42 pm 

Hi, new here. I'm in Oz (Australia) and Ric's are sort of hard to come by. I have two, or one and a half really: a 2001 330/6 in Fireglo; and the body, elecs and p/ups of what I think is a 230. Would greatly appreciate any info regarding vintage Ric parts anywhere in the world. Pics soon....

Post subject: Re: Newbie
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:43 pm 

Hey OziRic,

Welcome to the RIC forum!

I'm a fellow Aussie Rick owner, I have a 2002 Fireglo 660/6, a 1997 mapleglo 350V63 and I have another 350 on the way from the USA as I write this.

I have fallen for Ricks in a big way in the last few months after being a heavy user of Gibson and Fender guitars for over 30 years. I have found the Ricks are amazingly versatile and have a build quality and richness of sound that is very unique and highly desirable.

There are links to pics of my Ricks elsewhere on the forum under the heading of '3 Ricks in 3 Months', check 'em out.

I play around the Sydney area, where are you based? I'd love to get a Rick jam going!

Cheers, Kez

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:39 am 

I'm in a little town named Port Fairy in the southwest of Victoria, so a jam might take some organising, but what the heck, stay in touch anyway.

Saw your other post. Nice lot of Rics. I have many guitars here and try to play most of them regularly. Play guitar, bass, mandolin, and get called upon for vocal as well.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:48 am 

I was in Port Fairy a couple of years back when my lady and I did the 'Great Ocean Road' trip. Lovely part of the world indeed!

I get down to Melbourne a few times a year to look for guitars and old history books, maybe we could suss something out in the future.

Cheers, Kez

Board index » Just Guitars