Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: Question for Mr Hall
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:19 pm 

Mr Hall,
I was just watching the DVD of the Beatles first visit. Now here is my Question when your father showed the boys the new gear at that time the 12 string and the amps and other guitars was that part ever filmed by the Maysles brothers? Since Rickenbacker was such a big part of the Beatles and have ever had a chance to talk to the Maysles brothers about it.

Lou D

Post subject: Re: Question for Mr Hall
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry but I don't know who these guys are. The meeting was private, in my dad's hotel suite and the only people present were John and Cynthia Lennon, Paul, Ringo, Brian Epstein, Derek Taylor and my parents. George Harrison was back at their hotel, sick in bed, although everyone left later to see him. I have no idea who exactly was over there, except that Louise Harrison mentioned she was.

To answer your other question, yes, there are some personal snapshots.

Post subject: Re: Question for Mr Hall
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:02 pm 

David and Albert Maysles were hired by Granada Television in England to make a film of The Beatles during their first trip to America in 1964. The brothers used a handheld camera and filmed the group at the airport, in the hotel, backstage, onstage...all access. The film is available on DVD and it's called "The First U.S. Visit" and of course, there's plenty of footage of John Lennon with his 1958 Rickenbacker 325. We can only imagine what it was like to be with the Beatles, like F.C. Hall, in 1964. Thankfully, this film captures the beginnings of Beatlemania and the magic of The Beatles.

Board index » Just Guitars