Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: Re: 3 Ricks in 3 Months - Pics
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:17 pm 

Hey Kez, I figured you had to be single, If I spent the money on 3 rics in 3 months, my dear wife would send me packing, without my clothes.:) By the way,Im in school as we speak, studing the be a high school teacher. I will teach Social Studies/history. Maybe I can talk the wife into moving down under when i finish school. She is also a teacher. Kept rocking , my man.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:24 pm 

Wow
What beautiful axes! There so beautiful they should be in playboy. Nice pics good luck Mate! "Rick on".

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:34 am 

Quote:
. 3 Ricks in 3 months, and to tell the truth it was nearly 4 Ricks, but I came to my senses.
Which Ric was almost #4 (Miss December)?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:17 am 

"A Rick is relatively cheap compared to most of the Gibson..." Kez- PLEASE don't use the word "cheap" when referring to Rickenbackers! "Inexpensive" or "value-packed" might be better alternatives. Compared to most of the other "Made in USA" (Okay, so we're a bit proud!) set-neck instruments available in the market today, Rickenbacker offers tremendous value for dollar (or pound!). I do own guitars made by the other major companies, but my Ricks have the most unique sound and get the most comments. I apologize for sounding like a scold, and I hope you understand. -Dr.Phil

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:39 am 

Kez- By the way, the pics are gorgeous! Cheers! -Dr.Phil

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:32 am 

Quote:
"A Rick is relatively cheap compared to most of the Gibson..." Kez- PLEASE don't use the word "cheap" when referring to Rickenbackers!
I wondered about the connotations of that word when I wrote it, here in Australia if it's 'cheap' it usually just means a good price for something.

However I have noticed some of the Aussie younger generation using the word 'cheap' more in the USA sense of the word, as in poor workmanship or ladies of ill repute. Joys of the global village.

Please be assured I have only the highest regard for Ricks, 3 in 3 months proves that quite nicely!

Cheers, Kez

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:42 am 

Quote:
Quote:
. 3 Ricks in 3 months, and to tell the truth it was nearly 4 Ricks, but I came to my senses.
Which Ric was almost #4 (Miss December)?
One I did not buy (yet), it's a 660/6 in Montezuma Brown with factory fitted Accent Vibrato, properly a 660 VB.

BTW the 350V63 is on the plane to Sydney from Honolulu it should arrive tonight and be in my hands tomorrow!

Cheers, Kez

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:38 pm 

It took a little longer than I thought but I have it! The new Montezuma Brown 350V63 did it's first gig tonight, the verdict:

Bloody excellent!!!

3 Ricks in 3 months, and every one is a winner!

Cheers, Kez

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:03 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Kez- The GLARING OMISSION from your list is a Rickenbacker 12-string! I have three (had five). You never outgrow your need for Ricks! -Dr.Phil
Hi Doc,

After 35 years of playing guitar I am still a six string only kind of guy. Why is that?

Think of the 3 'Kings' of the Blues (mainly Albert) crossed with Hendrix, SRV, Garry Moore, Ritchie Blackmore, Angus Young, Santana, Paul Kossof, Mick Ralphs, etc. these are my main influences, not exactly 12 string territory... ;-)

Cheers, Kez

Well, Kez, you could always tread new blues ground - just think, "Leadbelly's 12 String Stella gone electric"... ;-)

rgordon

Board index » Just Guitars