Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: Rita & my 360-6
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:50 am 

Howdy,

I live in Bossier City, La. (up in the NW corner, some 300 mile NW of N.O., FWIW). For us, Katrina was something on TV and N.O. a relatively foriegn city and culture compared to Protestant Shreveport/Bossier City.
Rita, on the other hand hit closer to home! It's now after 8 P.M. Saturday evening. At 5 A.M. we lost power due to high winds knocking down trees along with heavy rain as Rita made her way north.
By noon, I lit some candles got out my MG 360-6 string and played, strummed and sang to my wife and our Airedale Terrier. As the wind howled and the rain pounded we didn't notice quite so much. My Martin D-28 might've been objectively the "better" choice, but for me there's nothing so special as my Rickenbacker 360. We had fun passing the time singing "Do You Want to Know a Secret" and "Please Mr. Postman", et al.
By 7 P.M. the power returned and all was well with only a few trees down in our area, with little flooding. I'll reach for my 360 the next time we lose power; they're so much fun!

Eggman

Post subject: Re: Rita & my 360-6
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:39 pm 

There is a certain magic to that fine piece of workmanship.

The muses were with you and helped out vibe that nasty old Rita!

Congrats on making it through...

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:50 pm 

I'm sorry to hear about everything thats happened. It seems like maybe original music you write on those guitars is going to be a very good story to tell

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:39 am 

Quote:
By noon, I lit some candles got out my MG 360-6 string and played, strummed and sang to my wife and our Airedale Terrier.
You have an Airedale, cool! I haven't seen one in years.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:46 am 

Being in Houston, I was very concerned about Rita. About this time a week ago, my 360/12 CW and 1997 was in their cases and in the back seat of my pickup. The truck was packed and I was ready to bug out if necessary. However, I was going to leave my 360 behind. My thinking was, I could replace a left-handed 360, but not the 360/12CW or 1997.

However, when I got up Friday morning and noted that the storm's track had moved eastward and I decided to ride it out here at home. Spent most of Friday & Saturday playing the 360 as I left the truck packed and in the garage just in case.

I consider myself very lucky, as I didn't even lose the electric unlike some of my friends and co-workers.

730S Shiloh LH
4003 LH FG

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:09 am 

Kenny, I've learned that a great many Ric owners also have airedale terriers. It's a crazy thing. Mine was Kilbey! I got my first Ric in '95 and the airedale two years later. Still have the 360V64...

Board index » Just Guitars