Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: Which Bigsby can you use without drilling holes on a 325C64?
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:28 pm 

Hello!

I’m a new Rickenbacker owner. I’ve wanted a 325 since I pulled out my Dad’s Beatles Something New record at the age of 4. (Yes, I know now that was actually a C58.) Anyways, I did buy a 325C64 after comparing it to a 325C58. Mainly because of the blend knob! It gives way more tone play then a C58 without. I also bought mine second hand. I’m sorry! I couldn’t wait two years longer or afford the extra 1000$ at the time.

I’m not looking to Lennonize my guitar, but I would like a more functional vibrato system. So my big burning question is which Bigsby can I use without compromising my body? I’ve seen posts on the B3, B5 and B7. The B5, from what I understand needs to be drilled in so that one is out. So how about the B3 or B7? Is it possible to fit one of them on without a drill? I would love to hear if it is!

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Which Bigsby can you use without drilling holes on a 325
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:04 am 

The B3 and the B7 don't fit on a 325. Both the B3 and B7 have too long a frame to fit between the bridge and the tail of the guitar. Sorry. The other option for minimal re-fitting is the RIC Ac'cent vibrato.

Board index » Just Guitars