Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: 325 C64 Miami
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:56 pm 

Hi guys, I just bought a used 325 C64 and everything about it is cool. Being a huge life long Beatles fan it's always been a dream to own one. I do have a question concerning the case it came in mine is black tolex while all the ones I've seen online have the vintage silver with black ends.

Did these guitars ever come with a black case or is mine a replacement model?

Post subject: Re: 325 C64 Miami
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:46 pm 

Hi,

Congrats on your 325, it is a fantastic instrument......almost as good as my 620/12... :D

Just interested to know how old you are.....I'm 65 and lived and started to play guitar in the UK., through the fabulous "Merseybeat" era of the 1960"s........truly a great time to be alive.

The reason I ask is that I am constantly amazed and so pleased at how much and how many of today's youngsters are inspired and motivated by The Beatles.
I have two grandsons aged 10 & 9 years and they are both massive Beatle fans and thanks to that influence, are just becoming interested in taking up the guitar.

Enjoy your new 325!!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:28 pm 

Thanks One Man. I wish I could've bought a Ric when I was younger. This is my 3rd Rickenbacker. I've got a 360 12 and used to own a 330 6.
Oh and I'm 55 years young. Lol

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:12 pm 

As far as I know, the 325c64 has always come with the silver vintage case (mine did). And the price list says it comes with the vintage reissue case (the silver one). I'd guess the prior owner kept the silver one for something else and you got a replacement case. The silver one was the case that John Lennon's came in, I believe. You could buy the correct silver case but it would set you back some, for sure.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:41 am 

I realize this is an older post, but I thought I'd let everyone know that you can't buy the part #94520 silver 325 case separately. Neither Pick Of The Ricks, nor RickySounds in England could acquire one. It seems every other model of the case is available, for some reason.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This isn't quite right; that item is available from any authorized Rickenbacker dealer, but indeed, it is currently out of stock and will be for awhile, until this model is being run again.

RickySounds is a gray market seller and does not have authorized access to this item or any other from Rickenbacker. However, the authorized distributor in the UK is Rosetti Ltd and they indeed can order this part.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:53 am 

JohnHall wrote:
This isn't quite right; that item is available from any authorized Rickenbacker dealer, but indeed, it is currently out of stock and will be for awhile, until this model is being run again.

RickySounds is a gray market seller and does not have authorized access to this item or any other from Rickenbacker. However, the authorized distributor in the UK is Rosetti Ltd and they indeed can order this part.

Thanks for clearing that up, in regard to the case being out of stock. I hadn't realized that the 325c64 wasn't in production currently. I'm quite glad I've just acquired one.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:22 am 

JohnHall wrote:

Hi John,

Was hoping to purchase a 325C64 from an authorised dealer in the UK later this year. Having read your comment, I'm a little concerned about availability. Will this model still be part of the line-up throughout 2017 and available for purchase in the UK?

Regards,
Bill.

Board index » Just Guitars