Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: Best place to sell my 325 V59?
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:11 am 

I've got a mint condition Rick 325 V59 that I'd like to move on. Combination of health and financial situation unfortunately. Where would be the best place to sell it? Ebay kinda scares me a little. Lots of charges and then all the horror stories of unscrupulous buyers ripping off sellers. Any suggestions? Much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Best place to sell my 325 V59?
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:18 pm 

I would like to hear an answer to this one too, but for the "United Kingdom" if anyone has any ideas please.
I have to agree that Ebay are far too greedy, take far too much in "fees" & 'Commissions" particularly so, as they are obviously in cahoots with PayPal who then take a second slice of commissions as "handling fees"........ VERY NAUGHTY!!

I have a beautiful Rick 620-12 in fireglow, (upgraded with both the twelve saddle bridge and the vintage trapeze tailpiece) that I would be prepared to let go, but only for the right sensible offer!!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:06 pm 

I'd try Craig's List first and see what kind of local interest there is.

Do you have a local vintage guitar shop? Many will sell items on consignment for a fee.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:10 am 

Ebay's the best place to reach the most amount of people, my advice is to use it as a shop window only and state buyer collects, that way you can agree on a price outside of EBay and close the auction down.
You can take a bit less as there's no fee's to pay, works for buyer and seller. Even some retailer's use EBay in the same manner.
I must admit it's easier here in the U.K. as we are a lot smaller than the U.S.!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:51 am 

I'm actually based in Ireland and there are some great vintage guitar shops here in Dublin (one of which I bought the guitar in) but I would imagine they'd want a substantial hit to sell it for me. Anyway, I've been playing it non stop since I posted and I don't think I can bring myself to sell it. I just love playing it too much. Something about that varnished short scale neck that feels so good. I suppose I'll have to find some other way to cover my medical bills. The guitar is probably worth more in positive mental energy than whatever the money would cover :)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:37 am 

Reality bites. bills getting bigger. Put it up on Reverb. Link here:
https://reverb.com/item/616253-rickenba ... 000-jetglo

Board index » Just Guitars