Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: '66 360/12 - Crop Circles?
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:34 pm 

Well, after the rousing response to my first post, I have lowered my expectations for learning much about my guitar here but maybe it was the Sunday night posting. Anyway, as noted in the earlier post, I have a '66 360/12 (SN FG 22XX) that I've owned since 1971. At the time, the girlfriend of a bandmate had an Uncle who owned a pawnshop in Indiana. She knew I was looking for a Rick 12-string and while home for Christmas, she saw one on the Pawnshop wall. A quick call and I closed the deal. The guitar was shipped to me and when I opened the carton, I was disappointed to note that a hole had been drilled in both pickguards for some reason (not mentioned by the Uncle, btw). Other than that, the guitar was in nice condition and I played it for several years before curiosity got the better of me and I pulled the pick guard to see what was going on. The attached photos tell the story. In the intervening decades, I've wondered what had been attempted by the previous owner. I've even pondered whether this was one of the ones that Roger McGuinn owned and the holes were the remnants of an on-board Treble Booster! If you have any ideas, fire away. Heck, even a "Welcome to the Forum!" would reassure me that I'm not talking to myself.

Post subject: Re: '66 360/12 - Crop Circles?
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Keep in mind that first time posters are moderated for the first three posts, i.e. require approval before they appear. As such, your first post hasn't been visible yet for even 24 hours.

Anyway, we're looking forward to seeing those photos.

Post subject: Re: '66 360/12 - Crop Circles?
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:46 pm 

Thanks for the "Patience, Grasshopper!" advice. And I see that the photos that I tried to attach as .jpg files didn't make it. When I tried again just now, this warning in red (which I must have missed in my first attempt) appeared:

"The image must be at least 0 pixels wide, 0 pixels high and at most 0 pixels wide and 450 pixels high. The submitted image is 640 pixels wide and 480 pixels high."

Now, I can probably compress the image to get below the 450 pixel height limit, but the "Zero" pixel width limit is going to be tough. Any advice would be appreciated.

Board index » Just Guitars