Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: Nut / string spacing on my 330-12
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:07 am 

This might be hard to explain, so I apologize in advance. But I recently switched from a 610-12 to a 330-12. My question is this, there seems to be a lot of "space" between the outer strings and the edge of the fret board on the 330, which seems to condense the rest of the strings with what appears to be less string spacing from set to set. I notice when looking at close up pics of my old 610 that the outer strings were way out close to the edge of the fret board, leaving lots of room for normal spacing on all the strings. My 610 was flawless in terms of I never touched other strings that I didn't want to touch when making chords. But now on the 330 it appears that the strings are closer together and I constantly touch other strings which is obviously undesired. I've read that the nuts on the 610/620's are the exact same as on the 330/360's and that the 660 series is where you get the wider nut. But it sure seems to me that this nut is quite different from my 610. Should I try a different nut and just see if it's maybe this particular one? Also I assume the nut for a 660 will definitely NOT work on my 330, correct? Any suggestions? Sorry for such a long post but I want the 330 to be all it can be for me, and I know that many people on this site are very knowledgeable. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Nut / string spacing on my 330-12
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:58 am 

Ric came out with a new, wider string-spacing nut around five years ago for their 12-string guitars. I fit one onto my 1997 370/12, and it works well. If your 330 was made before the new nut came out, you may want to give it a try. Its available from the Ric boutique.

Board index » Just Guitars