Board index » Just Guitars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your amplifiers for your RIC!
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:27 pm 

Sold my guitars off but I was running my 360 through a delay pedal and Vox Pathfinder w/reverb which sounded decent enough. Next setup will be another 360 and an AC15.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:48 pm 

G'day !
I use a KUSTOM COUPE 72, of all the amp's I've gone though its suited me best a nice warm tone and when it come's time to damage ear drum's it there, I find for the price of some amps here in Australia this amp does me fine and I'm over the moon with sound, although it is a very heavy amp so beware, but so much fun to play through, I use my 350 and 660 though it and it keeps on giving ! that's my 5 cents worth !! good luck !
Cheers
George

Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:06 am 

I use my 360's through a Vox AC30, and it's just awesome. Check one of those out. Good luck

360/6 FG
360/12C63 FG
Gretsch G6122-1962 country gentleman
Fender Strat
Vox AC30

Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:21 pm 

My amps are a Vox AC15-TBX & a Fender Prosonic combo, all modded with Mercury Magnetics transformers & NOS tubes. The 360/12 I run through a J-Box compressor, and the 330/6 I run straight into the amp. I tend to favor the Vox as a better match for the Rickenbackers

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:45 am 

I luv my Kustom Coupe 72, all the sound's I need and a awesome tone, I was blown away when I first plugged in and played it, a fantastic amp that you don't have to sell your house to buy.. if you see one..try it !!.. I think you'll be amazed !!

Cheers !

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:09 am 

deLisle Nickelbox. The deLisle Nickelbox is a 5 watt combo loosely based on the vintage Vox AC4 circuit which uses a 12ax7 and EF86 in the preamp along with a 6V6 power tube. The amp is housed in a fullsized (20"x18"x10") solid pine cab w/ a 12" Eminence Redcoat speaker so it does not have the boxiness or lack of low end associated with a lot of low wattage combos. The deLisle also has tube driven reverb and tube driven bias mod tremolo. Sounds great with my 620/6....lots of jangle and complexity and it's not hard to get tube saturation at very reasonable volumes. Really can nail "the tone" with the 620 and this amp.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just bought a Fender Blues Jr. NOS Limited Edition for the studio and I have to say this is really a nice little amp. It's just the right size and has the right tonality for recording, rehearsal and most local gigs. It was between this and a Vox AC15 but the price was better and it was made in North America.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:00 pm 

325c58 through ZT Lunchbox amp. The Lunchbox is set to be a blank slate and depending on the day the 325 signal is mediated by pedals that serve to boost the authentically underwound toasters and add varying degrees of color:

Nick Greer Sonic Boom Plus: clean boost with an extra high pass filter option--preserves a lot of the acoustic character of the unplugged 325 while raising the signal level as needed

Wampler Black '65: emulates tone stack of BF Fenders, adds chime and tight low end

Wampler Tweed '57: emulates tone stack of tweed Fenders, fattens bass and adds overdriven primordial assertiveness (Lennon connection was not my primary reason for getting the 325, but it should be noted that the Hamburg sound would have been John's 325 + either a tweed Deluxe or tweed Vibrolux)

I use just one of these pedals at a time. Each of them also serves as a boost and any of them can push the ZT to small club volume levels if desired. Amp, pedals, cords all fit in the cute ZT shoulder bag and if I was gigging with the 325 (wish I was) I could do it with a Smart Car.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:32 pm 

JohnHall wrote:
I just bought a Fender Blues Jr. NOS Limited Edition for the studio and I have to say this is really a nice little amp. It's just the right size and has the right tonality for recording, rehearsal and most local gigs. It was between this and a Vox AC15 but the price was better and it was made in North America.

Fender always (for guitar, anyway) knew how to make a great sounding amp. 8-) I have had a few of their tubed amps, and currently have a 1962 Concert Amp, which makes my 330 sing; it actually sounds pretty good for bass, too, the reason I bought this amp in the first place.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:34 pm 

JohnHall wrote:

I used to have a Blues Jr. For its size and price point I don't think you can do much better. For a circuit board type amp they are reliable as dirt. The only change / improvement I made to mine was I swapped out the stock Accutronics Reverb tank for a MOD brand tank. Unfortunately all reverb pans are made in Asia these days, but I found the MOD pan to have a deeper, bigger reverb tone that I prefer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Just Guitars