Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: 380L Laguna coming back?
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:26 am 

Occasionally I cast a wistful gaze at the page for the 380L Laguna, regretting I never ordered one before they were discontinued a couple of years ago.

Tonight, when I went to the page for my periodic 380L PZ fix, I noticed the page no longer says "model discontinued" it says "Model not currently in production" - HMMMM .... could it be?? Is there a possibility it could come back for a limited run or is this just a wild fantasy - tell me I'm not dreaming in Fireglo here.

Post subject: Re: 380L Laguna coming back?
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:13 am 

I think that is Ric's new way of saying the model is discontinued. Okay, I am just kidding. I have no idea. My hopes are the same as yours. Walnut with a natural finish is a beautiful choice for making guitars and I think Ric should even consider making the 4004 again from it since it looks so amazing. However, the walnut and figured maple top with the translucent coat also looks really nice - especially the green.

I think the 380L is a gorgeous guitar. However, I think Ric is really just super-focused on addressing its backlog before entertaining the idea of bringing this wonderful model back into production.

Regards,

Koose

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:09 am 

I have to agree with Koose. If anything, we're likely to see some models currently in production be at least temporarily suspended - Until a significant reduction in order backlog occurs.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:48 am 

I, for one, would really love a 380L of my own.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:16 am 

Quote:
I have to agree with Koose. If anything, we're likely to see some models currently in production be at least temporarily suspended - Until a significant reduction in order backlog occurs.

That's the answer to the the backlog problem!! Stop making those damned 330 and 360's and then the 480, 4005, 380L and doublenecks can all come back!! :-)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:16 am 

I can only think that they didn't sell all that well when they were in production, so the plug was pulled. I like my 380L very much, but it doesn't look/sound/feel like a trad Rick to me; maybe that's the reason for the demise?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:28 pm 

Quote:
I can only think that they didn't sell all that well when they were in production, so the plug was pulled. I like my 380L very much, but it doesn't look/sound/feel like a trad Rick to me; maybe that's the reason for the demise?

Would you care to expand that thought? I too have often wondered why the 380Ls were no longer in production, and have wondered even more how they sound.

My main question is probably, how does it sound?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:27 pm 

I think the ones with the bridge transducer had problems, at least some of them, I read that somewhere.

It would be interesting if they made it with a 330 type body. I don't know what they are going to do, but in any case they discontinued the oil finishes, so it will not be back exactly as before, if at all, with or without the bridge transducer.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:25 am 

Looks it is the only model with 1 3/4 inch wide nut width?
Is is wide all the way down the neck?

Board index » Just Guitars