Board index » Just Guitars

Post subject: Model 381 autumn-glo
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:21 am 

I still hope to locate the person who installed a jewel in the neck of my rick model 381.any one have a clue?pleasehelp me it was my husbands favorite friend,next to me for over 50 years.sincerely,karen

Post subject: Re: Model 381 autumn-glo
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:07 am 

If you haven’t already, you should register (it may take a couple of days for admin there to get you on board) and then post your question at this web site:

http://www.rickresource.com/forum/

There are many forums there; either the Rickenbacker General or Rickenbacker Guitars forum will probably be the best. Look them over and decide, but both get a good amount of traffic.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:55 am 

I tried but no response I am not very computer literate.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:07 am 

You just have to read carefully when you register or do anything on a new, unfamiliar web site -- each is unique and has some degree of a learning curve. It really has nothing to do with being computer literate or not.

Go to that web page I linked. At the top right, you'll see: "FAQ, Register, Login." You might want to "click" on (select) the "FAQ" (Frequently Asked Questions) first to get a good overview of that web site. Clicking/selecting the "Register" word/link gives you that page with all the legal stuff, but at the bottom are things to fill in -- all pretty self-explanatory. There is a confirmation question at the very end, asking for an answer to a question, e.g., How many strings does a 4000 series guitar have? ---> These are bass guitars, and typically have four strings. The question/challenge changes each time you visit the page, so if you don't know the answer, just close the page and go back to it later and you'll see a different challenge question, e.g., What is this web site about? ---> Rickenbacker guitars (I would answer).

I doubt that you will get much meaningful help without some photos of the guitar: full guitar front, guitar body, headstock (the top where the strings attach and are adjusted) front, a close-up of the jewel, etc. Posting photos on any web site is always somewhat of a challenge. That web site, you'll notice, does not address a "how to" for posting photos. They call them and anything else "attachments." which makes it even more difficult for the novice and first-time poster there to do this..... Well, I don't see any FAQ & Answer that tells you How to do this; a significant deficiency of an otherwise very good web site. Going through the actual process of posting a photo/attachment may not be that difficult, as the steps might be evident as you go along. This is something I have not done there.

Anyway, if you're having trouble, get an acquaintance to help you. If you don't know anyone to help you, then perhaps go to your public library. They have computers you can use there, and I'm sure, someone to help you navigate the web site and get registered, ask questions, post "attachments," etc.

That web site has a Rickenbacker Registry forum (within the top section of forum offerings). You can see if your husband's guitar is listed there -- maybe he registered it. The serial number is stamped on the jack plate (the place where you plug a cord in that goes to an amplifier); you'll need this to do a search.

But, if your husband had the guitar for many years, you may never be able to learn who placed the jewel for him. The jewel may remain a mystery. On that web site I have read accounts of others who have been others who have been left a treasured guitar. Seeking information, deciding what to do with it, etc., is filled with emotion. If you can get on that web site, I'm sure you will find understanding and helpful individuals. Good luck.

Board index » Just Guitars