Board index » Just Guitars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Your amplifiers for your RIC!
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:07 pm 

Howdy,

My '68 Vibro Champ or my Dr. Z Carmen Ghia (W/ Celestion blue speaker) are great with my old 360/6. The former for living room raunchy tones and the latter for smaller gigs, either clean or with that fantastic, natural EL84 overdrive. Both are great for "Get off My Cloud".

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:16 pm 

This seems to be a revived older post but no matter. I've usually used Fender tube amps on a consistent basis. But I finally pulled the trigger on a Vox AC15 last year along with a Rick 360. It's true what's been said about the Rick and Vox combination. It's the best sounding amp with a Rick, at least in my opinion. Especially when used with the top boost channel.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:57 am 

My favorite amp for my Ric 620 is my Bad Cat Cougar 5. It has that Vox bite, but with a bit more low end in my opinion. I’ve owned 3 different AC30’s and never bonded much with them. When I bought this and turned the volume and gain up to 10 it just had an amazing bite and such response while retaining clarity.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:14 am 

I run my 620/6 through a Fender Hotrod Deluxe Tweed Reissue with a Jensen speaker. Gives a nice classic Ric sound on the clean channel, for bit of crunch I add in an Ibanez Tubescreamer pedal.

I also have a Fender Blues Junior amp which is great with my strat for classic Fender tones, somehow it doesn't seem to suit the Ric as well as the HRD does.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:29 am 

Before I had to sell it to make a house payment when I lost my job at one point many years ago, I had a 1978 Silverface Fender Vibrolux that did not need a compressor for my 1981 360-12 FG ckbd to jangle, jangle, jangle. The Silverface Vibrolux was not considered by Fender to be worth "tinkering" with, as were the Twins, Showmans, and Bassmens, so it retained essentially the same circuits as the Blackface versions and real tone. Fortunately, I have my band's recordings of this setup.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Board index » Just Guitars