Board index » Setup And Technical

Post subject: Mass Is More!
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:29 pm 

I've had my 2006 Fireglo 350v63 from new and will never sell it as it was a gift from my wife.
Over the last few years I had become disillusioned with it compared to my other guitars due to a lack of sustain on the g & b strings and as a result it had become a bit of an "ornament" for want of a better word.
I even had it professionally set up a while back with a new nut, fret level/polish etc only to find on its return it sounded exactly the same, so back on the wall it went.

I then became aware of the Mastery Bridge available for Rickenbackers and started to consider trying one of those but at £180 "a pop" here in the UK I hesitated.

Looking around the net I stumbled upon a "Vintage 6 Saddle Repair Kit" for Rickenbackers being sold by a UK dealer which consists of "6 Slot Headed Screws with Locking Nuts" and at 10% of the price of the Mastery decided to "give em' a go".

If nothing else the v63 would look more "vintage correct" right.

It took about 45 minutes to remove the old screws/springs and to fit the new screws/nuts, leaving the old strings on I tuned it up and strummed a few chords (unplugged) and "voila" the 350v63 came back to life.

Before fitting the new screws/nuts I weighed them and they came in at 14 grams with the old screws/springs weighing 9 grams.

Just thought I'd share my findings,

Uff.

Board index » Setup And Technical