Board index » Setup And Technical




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Wiring on 370 12?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 11:33 am
Posts: 15
Location: Florida
If you order a 370 12 will it come with the pickups wired the same way they are in the McGuinn Limited Edition? I would undoubtedly replace them with toasters but would want to eventually end up with the same "Byrds" wiring....

thanks!
Tom


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiring on 370 12?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:49 pm
Posts: 573
Location: Stanstead, QC
In the service tab above => schematics: or directly - click on the 370 found on this page:

http://www.rickenbacker.com/service_g_schematics.asp

It would seem your wiring would be fine, but as to the on-board compressor???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiring on 370 12?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 11:33 am
Posts: 15
Location: Florida
No not expecting the compressor;) Thx!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiring on 370 12?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:11 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:00 pm
Posts: 4038
Location: Santa Ana, CA
The 370/12 Roger McGuinn Limited Edition- both with and without the E1 circuit option had unique wiring. The current 370/12 uses a different wiring harness, the same as the original factory circuit.

The major limitation of the McGuinn configuration is that you can only use only one of the pickups at any time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiring on 370 12?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 11:33 am
Posts: 15
Location: Florida
Thank you John.

So just to be clear, when Roger got the 3 pickup model back in the Sixties, his guitar was wired like one that I would order today?

Because I have never played a 60s 3 pickup 370, but I did play the RM Limited Edition, and it definitely was able to get a sound he used on a song back then, and it's a sound you can't get out of a two pickup Rick 12.....thanks much.

Tom


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiring on 370 12?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:40 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:00 pm
Posts: 4038
Location: Santa Ana, CA
oceantracks wrote:
So just to be clear, when Roger got the 3 pickup model back in the Sixties, his guitar was wired like one that I would order today?



When he first received it, yes. However, it was modified to his so-called Byrd wiring configuration fairly soon after he got it. We offered that option for a time back in the day but no longer.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiring on 370 12?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 11:33 am
Posts: 15
Location: Florida
Ah that explains it, thanks so much!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiring on 370 12?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:07 am
Posts: 3848
If you still want each pickup to be separate, I have a modified wiring scheme that replaces the 5th knob with a push pull, keeps all of the controls doing their stock functions, and which there is a long thread about. Email me and I'll send you the schematic.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiring on 370 12?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:40 am
Posts: 2
iiipopes wrote:
If you still want each pickup to be separate, I have a modified wiring scheme that replaces the 5th knob with a push pull, keeps all of the controls doing their stock functions, and which there is a long thread about. Email me and I'll send you the schematic.

OK, So, just how do i email you?? Cheers! Gb


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wiring on 370 12?
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:40 am
Posts: 2
JohnHall wrote:
oceantracks wrote:
So just to be clear, when Roger got the 3 pickup model back in the Sixties, his guitar was wired like one that I would order today?



When he first received it, yes. However, it was modified to his so-called Byrd wiring configuration fairly soon after he got it. We offered that option for a time back in the day but no longer.

Hi Mr. Hall, I read where, Roger, like Msr. Lennon, "Snipped" the Middle Pup out of the action, this true??/ Thanx Gb


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » Setup And Technical


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ
X