Board index » Setup And Technical

Post subject: 325c58 trussrod not working - any tips?
 Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:42 pm 

Hi together, I've got a c58 with a slightly concave neck which I would like to get straight.
The problem there is, that the trussrod nut can't be turned clockwise, or only the slightest bit without using too much force. I've first loosened the strings, later tried the whole thing without strings while manually bending the neck in place. It won't help at all. I can easily unscrew the nut, the thread of the rod goes well into the neck, so I'm not running out if thread there. What could be wrong inside the neck? I'm not able to get the neck straight. As I said, the most I can get out of that nut is maybe 1/2 - 3/4 turn clockwise, then it gets so hard that I am afraid of breaking it.

Any suggestions what to do? Probably going to a luthier, right?

Post subject: Re: 325c58 trussrod not working - any tips?
 Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:40 am 

If you bought the guitar new, take it back to the dealer, otherwise, you can call or write the RIC service department. If you take it to a luthier, make sure he has experience with Rickenbackers.

Myself, I would take the rod out completely and check to see that the nut threads easily on the entire length of thread, and add a drop of oil. Make sure the neck moves easily by hand, and then re-insert the rod to the proper position and try again.

Let us know how you make out!

Board index » Setup And Technical