Board index » Setup And Technical

Post subject: Truss rod ID nominclature
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:45 pm 

Re: TRUSS ROD ASSY 18.56 21 FRET Part Number 01001

I assumed that this particular truss rod would fit the Rose Morris 1996 / 325C64 mainly because it designates that it is made for 21-fret guitars. I never paid much attention to the "18.56" for some reason; I guess I simply assumed that that was the approximate length of my truss rods/fretboard. It could be logical to assume that this is the length of the rods in inches. However, I measured (approximately) my truss rods and they are, surprisingly, only about 15.5 inches.

What is the "18.56"? If this is indeed the length in inches, then am I correct in assuming (since this is the shortest truss rod currently manufactured) that I would have to purchase this, trim to size and create threads on the adjusted end?

Post subject: Re: Truss rod ID nominclature
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Assuming you have a modern 325C64 and not an original 1996, the truss rod assembly you need is #01000 which measures out at 15.93 inches. It's not shown on the boutique on the moment as it's temporarily out of stock.

A vintage 325 of any type uses a completely different truss rod which is long out of manufacture, though most old parts can be restored fairly easily.

The part you mention is for a full scale 21 fret guitar, not the short scale as you have.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:40 am 

Ahh, no wonder I was puzzled, with the correct truss rods not shown. (Yes, I have the RM model 1996 Reissue, manufactured in 2006, as listed on your "Models" web page.)

Do you have any idea when these truss rods (#01000) will be in stock?

Just for the sake of curiosity, if I elected to go through the trouble, is there any reason why I could not modify the next size (as I mentioned above)?

Thank you.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It would be easy to do. Just cut and rethread. I don't have any idea on restock of these, as they would be made during the next run of these guitars; currently none are on the production schedule.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:50 pm 

Thank you. I am reconsidering the need/desirability of doing this. I see you have the #01002 in stock, and will order these if I decide to replace mine.

Board index » Setup And Technical