Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Re: Why did RIC close down their UK office?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:14 pm 

Thanks John. I know what you mean about other forums. Thats why I am glad this site arrived. People only come here for one reason and that is our love of your guitars. So hopefully all the bs that goes down on other sites won't be apparent here!!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:11 pm 

Quote:
Rich, I didn't read your message that way- I was referring to the whinging that always seems to be going on out there in a variety of forums.

You are spot-on there John ! I'm often suspicious about some of the threads I see - have these people actually GOT a Ric ? Have they actually DEALT with Rosetti (or Rickenbacker) ?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:59 pm 

Quote:
...have these people actually GOT a Ric ?...

Indeed.
Some of the Harmony Central Reviews are by people who've never lived with a Rickenbacker and realized their charms: merely tried one in a store and didn't like it for Nu-Metal!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:42 pm 

I don't know....I respect what you are saying Bob, but I get the feeling that I have inadvertantly dug up an ongoing thing about Rosetti? I'm certainly not aware of any major digs about Rosetti on forums I frequent. That said the majority are american based (as I have yet to find a UK based forum concerning Rics, and would be greatful if you could direct me to one!)and most of the subscribers to these forums are predomonantly American based and therefor the majority are probably unaware of Rosetti and their involvement with Ric in the UK. I for one have had dealings with Rosetti for many years now, either concerning spare parts,strings and on one occasion after a phone call to them, even sending out a guitar to a shop for me that didn't have the model in stock that I sought. All in all good stuff. Perhaps what I should have said in the initial thread was that talking to RIC (UK) all those years ago was like actually talking to the company and in effect I was. However all that said, the beauty of this forum makes the world an even smaller place and now I DO have the opportunity to talk and ask questions!! And get answers from non other than the CEO! That to me is class, unique and a great coup for Rickenbacker.
I have seen digs at ric on other sites, and one that John frequents too! However I feel these are made primarily out of frustration over the time it takes to get certain models out...Say no more. But even then John has had the finger on the pulse and sought to answer these drips. Which again leads me to the conclusion that what we have with this forum is quite unique,worth it's weightand above all informative. We should be carefull not to be elitist and throw comments aside made by people who may not own a RIC. Infact this is the best place to come for just those people, as any question they will inevitably ask will pretty much guarantee an answer and hopefully tip them toward the purchase. Another side to that is, that Rics are fairly expensive instruments. At the age of 16, even 13 when a RIC was just a pipedream to me I would have loved the opportunity to be part of something like this, even without the guitar!! The elitist attitude of many people is exactly what spoils many threads on the other forums you speak of, lets not do that here!!!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:03 pm 

Rich ...
Try The Rickenbacker Forum at www.rickresource.com

Good to hear from another Brit who is in love with Rics !!

Bob

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:16 pm 

Bob cheers! It's the only love affair I've had thats lasted!!!! Checked out the resources a few times. Been a while though. May have a peruse today.

Board index » General Forum