Board index » General Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Maybe it's just me...
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
But the key is communication. Why couldn't "we" (the customers) be told when these were coming out?
If I had really known, I woulda told you- but I didn't, so I didn't.
Quote:
All I want is the guitar that I saw and heard about and was told would be made years ago.
We've never quoted a delivery date.
Quote:
Tell me when the initial orders will be filled and I can expect the US orders to ship.
I can tell you initial orders are being shipped now but I don't and couldn't possibly know when we'll be caught up to domestic orders.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:58 am 

I'll leave it at that.
I have received more info on these guitars in the last two days than I have in the last four years.
Thank you.
Have a great weekend all.
And I mean ALL!
Cheers,

Carlo....hey...I can still post.....Thanks again.....

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:13 am 

Carlo, the thing is you didn't get abusive or anything... you just asked questions like any consumer has a right to ask.

Keep postin' here... ur kewl with us... me anyway...

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:33 am 

I agree with the john guy, I would like to know my shipping date of my special order bass, but i do understand that is hard to do at this time. But if John H. will anwser 1 question for me i will shut-up until my bass gets to me. Why does ric push back special orders, and what is the difference between a lefty bass with righthanded strings,and a lefty bass. correct me if im wrong, but from my understanding all you need is a righthanded bridge and rh nut. John please explain the difference to me, and I will shut up LOL :)

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A special order takes longer because we have so much of the standard stuff to build first (even if it is an easy build). The regular no frills 4003's and 300 Series guitars comprise the majority of our orders. After we finish a bunch of those we'll usually have a run of the special stuff. When did you order your bass?

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:14 am 

Quote:
A special order takes longer because we have so much of the standard stuff to build first (even if it is an easy build). The regular no frills 4003's and 300 Series guitars comprise the majority of our orders. After we finish a bunch of those we'll usually have a run of the special stuff. When did you order your bass?
i ordered it back may, my dealer said i was in the system, and has a confirmation #.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:17 am 

John H.told me xmas 2006. good now i understand how ric works in the way of production. as i stated earlier, i will shut up an wait for my bass. tell Kenny, john h and you ben thanks for the help. By the way it was order thru atlanta discount music back in may.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:30 am 

Personally, I like knowing that the kind of time is being given to an instrument that I might potentially buy as RIC takes. There are companies that have Korean kids working 12 (or more)hour days to produce hundreds of guitars and basses a month (perhaps per week) and flooding the market with substandard products. Once you have actually bought one of these 'instruments' the company feels its obligation to you is over. Their amps have been known to sit in a 'factory certified service center' for months at a time while any warranty expires. The claim is usually back ordered parts. I have heard this story from several different customers of that other company.
If I order a new bass today, and it takes 2 years to receive it, I know that it would be worth the wait and I would be thrilled with the finished product.
I don't think I've ever seen the CEO of the other company on a website answering customer questions, either.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:18 am 

Hi. Gregg, coming your way this week, up to vogel to get some cool air, on fall break from school. MY son and I are going camping. I have 3 ric basses as we speak. All in retirement. so I know to care they take to build one. I just wanted to know why specials are put back. Its looks like to me they can run one spec, per 10 reg. basses. But Hey I dont own ric or even work for them, I wish I did work for them, it would be nice to have all the basses they made over the years. this is just my opinion. :)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:13 pm 

As a new (and proud) owner of my first Rickenbacker (a Jetglo 330) I'd like to throw in my 2 cents. I'm damn glad to know that there is still an American company like Rickenbacker around who has'nt sold out and who refuses to give in and bow to the "almighty dollar" like most businesses have these days. I thought it was the greatest thing that Ric told the giant Guitar Center to basically SHOVE IT when GC wanted Ric to speed up the production. The name Ric means quality and everytime I play my 330 I am more and more impressed with this instrument.
I work in the manufacturing sector as an inpsector in a CNC machine shop. About a year ago a new management team came in and the first thing they did was to speed every job up and as a result the quality that we once use to have is fast going out the window. It's my job to see to it that a certain quality is maintained and it's the most frustrating thing when those above me tell me "not to worry about it." I kid you not. We're treated like dirt and one of the new managers even said that if he had his way we'd all be fired so they could hire in much cheaper help.
I mentioned this because as I first said, it's great to know that Ric is still on the straight and narrow. Americans by and large have gotten very gready and when they want something it better be NOW. Here's Rickenbacker saying, "patience" and I could'nt agree more. I just wish that more American companies would put a stop on the greed factor and look at what Ric has done and what they've managed to maintain which is a quality product that's made to the highest standards.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » General Forum