Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Small Website Problem
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:04 am 

When different billing and shipping addresses are indicated on website purchases, it seems that the "ship to" defaults back to the billing address once the order goes through. I filled out different addresses and the oder went through fine -- but when the 'receipt' page came up, the ship-to address wasn't right any more. It's not a huge deal, but it's left me chasing after Fed Ex to try to change the destination address on my order. I've seen this happen a number of times on other sites, it's probably an easy fix.

Post subject: Re: Small Website Problem
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:15 am 

Quote:
When different billing and shipping addresses are indicated on website purchases, it seems that the "ship to" defaults back to the billing address once the order goes through. I filled out different addresses and the oder went through fine -- but when the 'receipt' page came up, the ship-to address wasn't right any more. It's not a huge deal, but it's left me chasing after Fed Ex to try to change the destination address on my order. I've seen this happen a number of times on other sites, it's probably an easy fix.

I'm out sick today, but I might be able to log in and take a look at this remotely. There were some adjustments I had to make to ensure that the proper tax was charged if california was one of the addresses involved, and it looks like there's still some work to do there. Rather than chase after fed-ex, depending on when you placed your order, you can just call customer service at 714-545-5574 and they can make sure it goes to the right address.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:28 am 

Just submitted a test order, and it worked fine. My guess is that you didn't uncheck the "Same as billing address" checkbox. I ran another order through after the first one, and left this checked, but with a different address, and it let the order go through with no errors. That box IS kind of small and hard to notice probably, so I need to check for the situation where the "Same as billing address" is checked, but the different info has been entered, and throw an error asking the user to correct this. Sorry about the confusion.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Webmaster (with a sick belly).

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:34 am 

Hmm. I thought I did that. Entirely possible I missed it, though. I AM using a really old browser -- like mesozoic, you know? Maybe that could be an issue?

Anyhow, thanks for looking into it. Hope you feel better.

Board index » General Forum