Board index » General Forum

Post subject: My New 325C64 and Thank You To John Hall
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:46 am 

I just received my new 325C64. It was born the second week of February/2020. Hmmmm, maybe it was Valentines Day. :D
It arrived in pristine condition. I took a few minutes to get used to the shorter scale, But not too long, as I've had 3 other 325s in the past 33 years. But now at age 69, I feel I've got to settle down. And so I am already bonding with this ebony baby, and soon my hands will warp to automatically fit onto the fretboard.
The quality control on this guitar was perfect, cosmetically and soundwise.
Thank you, Rickenbacker, for making these available.

And I thank you again, John Hall, for your hospitality back in January, 2002. You may not remember, but I communicated with you via email and told you I was flying from Ohio to L.A. and was interested in seeing the company. You made it possible to come to the factory and have a full, guided tour by you. Just one-on-one. This wasn't a short, hurried tour, either. It seemed like you just took your time, which I greatly appreciated. I saw everything, including the museum. My favorite was your own vintage 325. But the surprise at the end of the tour was great. The "C" range of guitars had just come back from NAMM and so you showed them to me and let me play them and took pictures of me holding them.

Knowing that Rickenbacker doesn't give public tours, I've often wondered how I came to have such luck. Maybe I caught you on a good day, or maybe you just wanted to show your pride in the Rickenbacker company. Regardless this is one of my greatest memories, so thank you again.

Board index » General Forum