Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Rickenbacker Customer Service
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:03 pm 

Nice to see that Rickenbacker is still doing a great job of maintaining their reputation for lousy customer service. A friend of mine recently purchased a brand new, expensive, Rick 12-string from a reputable online dealer who maintained that the guitar was in their warehouse and never out of its original shipping carton.

The guitar arrived without the "Made in USA" sticker on the pickguard, and my friend promptly called the factory to inform them of the obvious error in QC. The Rickenbacker representative on the phone told my friend that they don't sell those stickers individually, completely ignoring the fact that my friend's guitar was "defective" from the factory and he was, in fact, trying to report what amounts to a warranty issue. Love the guitars, but the company...not so much. In my past life as a rep for a well-known commercial audio/video manufacturer, I would have been fired for this type of behavior. C'mon, Mr. Hall. Step it up a bit, will ya'? Premium product should equal premium service, don't you think?

Post subject: Re: Rickenbacker Customer Service
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:07 pm 

reverb has them. They are $4.98 for two.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:12 am 

Sorry the ones at reverb are sold. I believe Amazon has them as well. Shame they wont send you one or sell you one. Its these little things like this that leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:01 pm 

I'm curious as to how this thread is still open.

Of all the things to complain about... pricing, feedback, pickup winding, neck width, warranty concerns, compressors, 12 string tuning issues, RicResource, etc... Your friend is upset about the dumb sticker? My Rick doesn't even have that pickguard on it anymore.

I've done my share of trolling before, but yikes.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:36 am 

Assuming just for the sake of discussion the OP is a legitimate post and not a troll, in spite of the sarcasm, and assuming the instrument in question did not, in fact, have the sticker, if there was even such an instrument, I am more concerned about whether or not the instrument was actually new-in-box. I am thinking the instrument, again, if real, may not have been NIB, which if advertised as such, would be an issue between the seller and the original purchaser, not RIC, and definitely not of any concern of the OP as a spectator chiming in when it really is not any of the OP's business.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:40 am 

I recently bought brand new Tele 72 custom, due to large amount of static and twisted neck it went back. I also recently bought a Squier 72 Thinline, bridge and saddles misaligned, unplayable. Went back. Last week I bought a new SG, the intonation and nut meant it couldn't play an open D chord in tune, went back, but now set up and playable

And he complained about a missing sticker?

My first 2 Ricks had missing cases in the 80s!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:47 am 

It's been years since I've used customer service, but had no problem when I did. As far as the USA sticker, I took mine off as soon as I received the guitar. I wouldn't be too concerned if I were him..

Board index » General Forum