Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Ric Volume Pots....Different for Stereo Guitars?
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:07 am 

Guys......I have a customer that's been told that Ric uses a different Pot for Ric-O-Sound guitars than the standard mono's. I believe that all pots, other than perhaps a 325C58 (or similar) are the standard 250K pots, whether in mono or stereo guitars...... This customer was told that Ric uses 330K's in a stereo guitar, which would be news to me after decades in the field. He has less output from his neck pickup than the other 2 on his 1993-Plus (we put a new Ric pot in to remedy a bad one), and believes we put in the wrong one..... he wants us to change it to a 330K, which again, he believes is standard for stereo models. PLEASE clarify this for me......and I GREATLY appreciate the information, as always.......... Doc

Post subject: Re: Ric Volume Pots....Different for Stereo Guitars?
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:40 pm 

Should add this...... John Hall states on August 8th 2005, when asked if all pots used in guitars and basses are standardized to the model 07341 250K, "All guitars and basses with the exception of the 325C58's." YET, the schematics clearly show a 330K pot for the stereo models, and 250K for the mono's.......SO, I humbly ask for clarification.......and would the 250K pot in place of the 330K display a noticeable difference in gain ?(If, of course, the 1993 Plus uses a 330K pot instead of a 250K). Thanks for any input.

Post subject: Re: Ric Volume Pots....Different for Stereo Guitars?
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:26 pm 

Good question. If you were to make a conclusion based on the replacement parts for sale here in RIC’s Boutique, you’d conclude that all pots used are/were 330K.

I think you’ll get a more timely response (or find your own answer just doing searches) here:
http://www.rickresource.com/forum/

Board index » General Forum