Board index » General Forum

Post subject: Re: RIC's Can Rock-Jingle - Jangle Misconception
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:51 pm 

Rickenmusic wrote:
...I have read that they have a "flat response" or all frequencies sounding at the same volume, if I understand this correctly...

I have not read through the rest of your Doctoral dissertation, yet, :mrgreen: but to further your education, do some research on pink, and white, noise and how they relate to one's aural perceptions regarding flat frequency response.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:34 pm 

No Doctoral dissertation meant nor implied. I was simply stating an observation. I am far from educated in these matters. I do, however, want to post freely my opinion. And I wish to learn better what makes them tick. :)

I did (and will) take to heart your recommendation and look further into white and pink noise and its relationships to aural perception. Though I am not sure what your point was. I like to keep things upbeat as I am an enthusiastic fan of RIC and wish to understand the design intent better. Also, I would like engage a discussion with those that truly do. I do not wish to offend.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:15 pm 

I agree with most of the foregoing. I get really fed up with people saying a Rickenbacker is a one trick pony. As I've said previously on the forum I first tried a 330/6 Fireglo belonging to one of my mates in 1965 when I was 15. From that day I always wanted one. Knowing I was going to retire last year two years ago and with the kids grown up and the house paid for I decided to buy all the guitars I've wanted over the years. I have a Squire Strat my wife bought me thirty years ago, and so now 6 string and 12 string Taylor acoustics, Fender Elite Telecaster Thinline, Gibson Les Paul Studio, and two Rickenbackers a 330/6 and a 660/6 which is my favourite. It has confirmed my love of Rickenbackers and I am now considering buying either a 1993 plus or a 660/12 but I will have to sell off a couple of my other guitars to afford to do it.
Probably the LP Studio and may be the 330/6. Am I mad as I am now coming up for 69 years of age ?

Board index » General Forum