Board index » General Forum

Post subject: First time poster
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:40 pm 

Hello to every Rickenbacker lover.
I just wanted my first post to be a greeting. Not only is this my first post on this forum, it is my first post on any forum ( or the internet, for that matter).

I have been a Rickenut for most of my life. Started when I was about 12. Though I didn't own one until I was 28. :shock:

I currently own 7, so I have just barely enough. ;) So much to talk about but I will keep this brief, for now. No promises about later, though.

I just want to say it is great to be here and to congratulate everyone here for having superb taste in guitars. BFN.

Post subject: Re: First time poster
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:31 pm 

Welcome to the forum (and the internet!)... :)

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:07 pm 

Hey cjj!

Yeah, thanks for the response. It is great to be on here, finally.

I have been reading on here for years. I just now decided it was high-time. Also, I wanted to make sure my first internet post was on this site since Rickenbacker is so dear to my heart.

I look forward to serious (and not so serious ;)) discussion on topics appropriate to this site. Lots to talk about, to be sure.

Again, thank you.

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:00 pm 

Okay.
I just got done playing my 2008 620/6. I just have to rave about what an amazing guitar this is. The tone is absolutely my favorite of all 10 of my guitars. It is MID blue color. I changed the knobs to vintage black and replace the tuning buttons with pearloid. I also replaced the upper pick guard with a black one. I really like the look.

This is one of RICs best guitars, in my opinion. It shows so well how classic Rick tone can be used to produce smooth, singing high-gain leads with exceptionally full and articulate rhythm work. Wow! Very pleasing tone.

I Just wanted to tell all of you what really excites me about Rickenbacker as a further introduction. One of the greatest satisfactions I experience as a guitar player is the joy and pride I feel playing a Rickenbacker guitar. I have always been on this kind of mission to show the world how great and versatile they are. For some reason, this is really important to me. One of the few things I am seriously fanatical about.

That is also why I wanted to join this forum. I hope to hear from many of you who are afflicted the same way. :ugeek:

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:59 am 

It sounds like you have quite a few Ric's Rickenmusic, what do you have? My very first guitar (that I saved up and bought in high school was a 660/12 FG Tom Petty Model (which I regretfully sold later in life). Since then I have a: 360/6 OS WB, 360/6 FG (current model), 2x 381v69/6 (1-MG, 1-FG), 660/6 FG and I just sold a 620/6 FG that had a crack in the fingerboard (sad) I hope to replace. Of all of them the 318v69 MG is my favorite. I love how unique and versatile that guitar feels, and it just has so much "mojo" and "fun" when I play it. But I also really love the 660's (I love the wider neck and wish all of my Ric's had them, even if just 6 strings). I have other Strat's and Tele's (of which a couple stick out as really great as well), but Ric feels like my first love, and always something just a bit more magical playing (and seeing them). I suppose I really should add a 12-sting (1993Plus most likely), but then it makes me regret selling the Tom Petty model, but perhaps it's time to move on LOL.

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:10 pm 

Wow, you have quite a collection. I am so jealous. The 381s are RICs most luxurious guitars. I am going to spring for one sometime. I have 2 Les Pauls (Gibson, Epiphone) and one Fender a "51" Strat body, Tele neck. They are really nice and I like them a lot. But the other 7 are Ricks and they are my true love. Sorry to here about your breakup. lol

The Ricks are: 620/6 MID, 330/12 Mapleglo, 2 650 (Atlantis, Excalibur), 260 Eldorado TUR, 350 Ruby (24 fret, toasters) and a '76 481 White w/black binding (my dream guitar when I was 16).

Your name is interesting. Steve Kilbey and the Church are one of my favorite groups. Really excellent band.

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:55 am 

You've also got a great set of guitars there yourself :-) Sadly, I'm no relation to those bands, I just love guitars so much, it's like I'm in one lol :-)

Board index » General Forum